Sealant for Gasketing
Gasketing is a sealant between two flanges assembled with screws. The sealant completely fills the space between the flange surfaces, thereby preventing the escape of gaseous or fluid materials in composite machine parts or pipe connections.
Application of the sealant
The sealant for gasketing can be used with many different types of materials including various metals, wood, plastic, rubber, ceramics, glass, and even concrete. The type of sealant selected for a specific application depends on the material to be sealed, environmental conditions, temperature, and operating pressures in the system.
Requirements of the sealant
With gasketing, it is particularly important that the sealant remains intact and leak-proof over the entire life of the connection.
- Fills all voids – no fine surface finish needed
- No shimming – no need for re-torquing
- Excellent instant seal
- Permits disassembly
Loctite® Gasketing Application Guide
- Fill all surface voids to create 100% seal - relaxed surface finish requirements
- Will not relax, creep or break - no need for re-torquing or replacement during service
- Make gaskets on demand, in desired shapes and sizes - reduce inventory costs
- Parts can be disassembled easily even after extended service