Henkel offers a complete line of highly effective cleaners and degreasers They are available in both water based and solvent based formulations. Whether you need a parts cleaner, electrical contact cleaner, paint or ink stripper, an industrial hand wipe or a gasket remover. Henkel’s Loctite® brand cleaners will work to keep surfaces, parts, and hands clean and correct surface cleaning will be engineered to ensure superior cleaning and maximize performance of Loctite® adhesives and sealants.
How to choose cleaners
When choosing a cleaner or degreaser, the major factors to consider are drying time, residue, odour, and substrate compatibility. Residue is a particularly important concern: if there is any secondary processing of the part, e.g. painting or bonding, a residue could interfere with that process. Substrate compatibility is a common concern when dealing with plastics and solvent-based cleaners.
Typical application of cleaners:
- Cleaning of components before applying Loctite adhesives/sealants
- Cleaning and degreasing of worktops and parts
- Cleaning of electrical contacts
Key benefits of using Loctite® Surface Cleaners:
- Clean and degrease work surfaces, parts and hands
- Increase cure speed
- Increase gap fill
- Ensure full cure on inactive surfaces
- Available in ozone safe (non-chlorofluorocarbons), solvent-based and solventless formulations